This is one of those posts that I love to write and hate to write. I love it because it means that the person of note has made touched all of us with their presence and that is truly the magical part of what we do. I hate to write them because it usually means that this person is leaving our community.
Brent, or Brogre as he’s affectionately known around these parts has been with us literally since Day 1. We met Brent at our Grand Opening three years ago as a good friend of Migs and Su. He also appeared to be some kind of genetic mutant freak height wise.
It was great to meet someone who was so polite, respectful, and as a teacher of children with disabilities, a person of high moral standard. Then we really got to know him…
I love Brogre because when he’s in a class I know for a fact that the following will happen:
· He will work his ass off
· He will come in dead last rather than cheat a single rep
· My Mom will most likely be insulted
· Every single person in the room will get encouragement, regardless of how long they’ve been here or their talent level
· It will be insinuated that Eric and I are really a couple and that River has two mommies.
· Anyone who needs help on form or technique can count on accurate help from Brogre
· I can count on help getting the paralettes down from the rafters. Without a ladder.
· He will most likely tell the most disgusting story I’ve ever heard in my entire life.
· Every single person in the room will get congratulated after their workout, regardless of what place they came in.
Brogre has left a lasting effect on our community, all for the positive. He’s made us laugh a million times, keeps Hogans from talking too much, and shows up for every single event.
Outside of CPC is where Brent really shines though. He’s leaving us to pursue his Ph.D at Syracuse University, and has been personally financing trips around the world with the mission of creating educational systems for children with disabilities in developing countries.
That my friends, is a noble task and speaks to the heart of the man dedicating his life to the endeavor.
Brogre, we’re going to miss you a ton. You’ve been a huge part of our lives for the past 3 years and we hope that SB calls you back as soon as possible. Thank you for all of the support, all of the oversized hugs, and most importantly for being there from the beginning and keeping us laughing the whole way through.
We love you and wish you nothing but the best in your next chapter. Please dress warmly.
River and his two Mommies
KB Swings (heavy)
Box jump burpees 24/20