Hey folks, just a quick reminder that on Wed (that’s the 4th of July for you communists out there) we’re going to have only one workout at 9am. Of course our celebration of all that is Uhmerica wouldn’t be complete without some kind of theme and since last year we did an 80′s workout (which was awesome beyond belief) so this year we’re heading back a decade and will ask you all to come to the workout in 70′s garb.
Oh yes, a 70′s workout! Get your thrift store shopping done early this week, there will be cameras around.
The workout is open to anyone and everyone, usually some of the less fun CrossFit gyms in the area send their people our way as well, so be prepared for some new faces. We will be closed all day on the 5th so that no one feels the need to drag themselves in here hung over and full of hot dogs.
Now you may be concerned that all of that 4th of July’ing is going to leave you tipping the scales more so than you would like. Worry not you portly little pepper pots, our Summer Paleo Challenge starts soon.
Every year the challenge evolves in some way, and this year is no different. We’ve put our heads together, combined forces with some outside help and have come up with an even more powerful way of shifting our daily habits.
More information on the challenge will be coming out shortly, but here’re some important basics to note:
- On Saturday July 21st, the challenge will begin with a morning of measurements. We’re going to be doing physical body measurements, taking weight, as well as running everyone involved through the prelims of a challenge workout. Please mark that date in your calendar.
- This challenge is not just a 4 weeker, but will run for 8 full weeks – July 21st – Sept 15th.
- We will be keeping track of not only what we’re eating, but other lifestyle factors as well such as – mobility, fish oil intake, and workouts. There will also be weekly themes to add into the mix.
- On Thursday July 19th Eric and I will be using the 7pm class to hold an informal seminar outlining the challenge as well as the ways to make the most of it.
- We’re going to be using a web based tracking program that lets us involve friends and family members from anywhere in the world. Have a cousin in Nova Scotia that could use some health increases? Sweet, get them to play right along with you and the rest of the CPC team.
Stay tuned for a more in depth explanation of the challenge and its various factors!
We know this is an odd week with the midweek holiday, stay focused and train hard.
400 M run
21 Thrusters (95#/65#)
800 M run
400 M run